Tuesday 29 July 2008

Dressed......

...To Impress.....

A while ago I was introduced to the dress form manequins made by Creative Imaginations - http://www.creativeimaginations.us/index.php


A simple body form ready to be dressed up and decorated. Karen of Scrapbook Sisters demonstrated how to cut and form paper around the body. I had a theme in mind when I started and chose two Basic Grey papers in reds, greens and browns. My Elizabethan themed result is below:

I made the collar by cutting out a 'donut' shaped circle and stamped it with a flower image in timber brown. I then cut around the tops of the flowers to give it an interesting edge and pleated the inner edge. I chalked the edges to finish it off and attached to the neckline of the dress:


Finishing touches were added with beads, gems, a large flower and platinum stickles:


I have a second dress form ready to dress, this time from a different era...............

No comments: