Saturday 26 July 2008

Ever Lost Sleep................

...........Due to a Pea?

One Princess did. Once upon a time....In a land far, far away.......

This is my altered art piece based on the Princess and the Pea Fairytale. I took a tealight holder and transformed it into an embellished room, housing a lavish four poster bed kitted out with several hand made mattresses and completed with a sleeping Princess and a large pea:



I added embellishments with flowers, gems, threads, charms, stamps and Gold UTEE:
The room opens to reveal the four poster bed:
I formed the Princess from wire and papier mache, and then dressed her in ribbons and chiffon:
I carried the embellishments through to the inside:

I hope you enjoyed viewing this. Altering everyday objects can lead in many directions and is not as difficult as it may look. Find an object you like and have a try for yourself - paint it up, cover it in papers, add embossing powders, stamp it, anything goes.......................

No comments: