Sunday 10 August 2008

Rhapsody in Blue

A challenge set was to produce a layout using one colour only - I chose blue. I used a photograph I had manipulated on Photoshop, where I merged a skull into my own portrait. Sounds a bit scary I know, but I originally did the manipulation as an example for an exam question on Time, and I got an interesting result. I based the whole layout around the theme of time and all paper, stamping and embellishments use different tones of blue:

First I added Weathered Wood Distress Ink to the background blue cardstock to create a mottled effect and then stamped the clocks all over in midnight blue Stazon. I added a strip of darker blue paper down the right hand side and stamped this with wording and layered on a hand drawn skull in light blue paper:


I added embellishments around the photograph using grunge board elements which have been coated in bright blue UTEE:

To join the two halves of the layout I added different shades of blue brads, topped with blue Stickles to complete the layout:

The stamps I used are Kelly Panacci clear stamps - Time Flies, from Sandylion.
All the products I used I purchased at Scrapbook Sisters: http://www.scrapbooksisters.co.uk/

1 comment:

Sarah said...

this is SO clever. creepy :) but clever. Love it