Sunday 21 September 2008

Birthday Wishes

I find cards a hard task, thinking what to put on such a limited space and make it look interesting and not flat and lifeless. Well, I had a bit of practice over the past week and a bit with two birthdays to produce cards for. I can now load them as both have been passed to the respective recipients! I hope that you had a good birthday Julie & Mum!

They also fit the challenge for Arty Girlz this week. This first card I used two stamps by Stampotique Originals. I stamped them on to separate pieced of card and coloured them up with watercolour pencils, added a border to one and cut the other out, layering it on top. I then added this to a card, added a second border and added a hand written - Happy Birthday.


For this card I used a cute little stamp I have of a cats face. I embossed this with black embossing powder, coloured the eyes green and added glossy accents. I then added whiskers using nylon thread. I cut around the stamp and mounted on black card. Then used rub-ons to add the wording at the bottom. I finished by chalking the edges and addding to a card base.


It was good to have the practice, but not sure I could do cards all the time!

9 comments:

Crissi Harvey said...

Excellent cards Sally they both fantastic but i do love the first one, think thats my fav.

Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge.

crissi xx

liz said...

FOund you from a comment you left on Viv's blog. What lovely cards, I really like those "goth" girls.

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

Lovely cards Sally, I think you have done a great job!!!

Julie sbs-24

Anonymous said...

Great cards. I especially like the little girls as that is how I picture My wee girl and her friend when they grow up, lol!

Ed said...

Love the cards Sally - I have the cats face stamp, it's such a nice stamp to use ..

Leona said...

Lovely cards sally i know what you mean about taking so long to do lol... Hugs Leona x

Julie Allain said...

WOW They are fantastic cards Sally!!

Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge

Julie xx

kc_froglady said...

great cards! love the girls!

Patti Edmon Artist said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love your work and agree that cards can present a real challenge - you met this one quite quite nicely!