Thursday 11 September 2008

A Stitch in Time...

I love adding a bit of sewing to my work, as textiles is one of my favourite media to work in, so any chance to get it into paper based crafts is great. Needle and Thread was the challenge for Tag, You're It.


I chose to use cream as my background, tore a piece of old text and added chalk eye to the edges, I sewed this to the background with two lines of machine stitch. I then took a patterned paper with flowers and butterflies and cut a section out around the edges of the shapes. This was sewn to the background with a zig zag stitch down the right side and across the bottom.



I cut out a butterfly separately and attached this to the background with zig zag stitch.

4 comments:

LME said...

This is beautiful :)

Sarah said...

Stunning! The butterfly is wonderful!

stamp and scrape said...

This is soft and delicate - a beautiful tag. Love the stitching on the butterfly - a neat touch.
Ros

Anne said...

OMGoodness, this is amazing!!! I absolutely adore it!! First of all I am so sorry it's taken me so long to respond to this but my pc has been playing up all week, but I've finally got it to do something!!! I do love this tag so much, and your stitching is fabulous!! Thank You so much for playing along! ;o) xx