Saturday 13 September 2008

Pretty in Pink?

Pink is the theme set by Gothic Arches. I found this hard as I really am not into pink, but came up with two very different arches. The first one shown here is my second attempt. I used a pink cardstock as the base, tore up some text and added chalk to the surface and edges then glued this down. I then stamped two trees and embossed with a gold shimmer so they blend into the background. I then added a third tree in the middle and embossed in white, adding pink glitter to the leafy part. I finished by adding a few stamped butterflies and spraying a glimmer mist over ir all.

The arch below is my first attempt, I had something in mind but it did not work as well as I wanted it to, I wanted something a little different and quirky. I used Alien Quikutz dies and punched them out of varying pink and text papers. I stamped the circle frames and glued on two strips of text. I then placed all the little aliens and added glossy accents, and finished it all off with a few pink flowers and stickles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both are gorgeous.

Sarah said...

I love your second attempt with the trees.

and those little alien die cuts are SO cute!!!!