Wednesday 8 October 2008

Old Father Time....

...has, I'm sure, been speeding up the clocks of late. Time seems to be moving very fast over these last couple of weeks. I am looking forward to a bit of a lull, when it arrives! Anyway, clocks was the the theme for Make A Moo this week and this is how I interpreted it.

I coloured the background with weathered wood and walnut distress inks, then stamped the clocks on top in timber brown stazon. The stamps are from Cherry Pie Arts. I then added subtle colour with watercolour pencils and added glossy accents to the glass faces.

I love the theme of time and anything to do with it, there are so many directions you can go with it, and so many techniques you could use.

10 comments:

Shelly Koskinen said...

I like how you made the clock faces shiny. Good job!

Carole said...

Great pieces!

Susan Williamson said...

Super Moos. The addition of glossy accents really works well.

Sandy said...

Wo stunning moo´s.
Amazing design.

Anonymous said...

Both are gorgeous!!!

Anna Banana said...

These are stunning moo's. I just made my very first ones a few weeks ago and it is a challenge!! I love the crystal lacquer that you used on those watch faces. Was that one background stamp that you cut up, or do you have a bunch of watch stamps?
Anna Banana

Unknown said...

Love how the clocks shine! Very cool!

Rika said...

These are pretty.

Ed said...

Sally I love your moos...

kc_froglady said...

this piece is really very elegant! I love the clock faces and how you added the glossy accents to them.