Wednesday 18 March 2015

Just Write

This weeks prompt for Journal 52 mulled around my head for a while! It took me time to figure out how I wanted to approach this one. There is so much you could do with words - words are great, writing is a great release in so many ways.

I have a great old typewriter and wanted to feature this within my page, so I photographed it on my polaroid camera and put to one side to tackle the page... I tore up old book pages and layered to create my background, adding distress ink on the top by rubbing the pad over, and stamping a few random background images. On top I added white gesso with a palette knife, making textures in the surface & used a script stencil to create raised sections. Once dry I sprayed some distress ink and let it drip down the page. Layering acrylic paint and ink on top of this to link the two sides. I finished by layering the photographs, a stamped image and the title. I was rather stained blue, brown and red myself once finished! It's great to get messy.







Enjoy your week. Have fun getting messy too.

No comments: